Interviews That Make Waves
In Canada, orcas are facing a terrifying new threat. The recently approved expansion of the Kinder Morgan pipeline may equal extinction for the Southern Residents. With this podcast, you can help Mark Leiren-Young save the whales.
- Launches with David Suzuki, Ecojustice lawyer Dyna Tuytel, and diver-filmmaker Rob Stewart.
- Mark previously published the Green Chain Podcast, and Skaana comes on the heels of his book The Killer Whale Who Changed the World, which featured in The Walrus.
- Wish-list interview subjects include oceans warriors like Paul Watson, Rob Stewart, and Alexandra Morton; orca experts like Erich Hoyt, Kristen Kanes, Paul Spong and Ken Balcomb and maybe even Canadian Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau. Mark has interviewed all of these people before.
Some Reasons to Sponsor Skaana....
- 70 % of podcast listeners visit a sponsor’s website
- 40 % of podcast listeners buy something from a sponsor’s website
- Mark can personally talk up your company
- Only $250/month for personalized promotion at the beginning and end of each podcast
- Each podcast will launch in the National Observer, and have instant online profile
- Mark's book The Killer Whale Who Changed the World has been featured in The Walurs, The Tyee, and Maclean's
- Mark's radio show about orcas won the 2014 Jack Webster award for Best Feature Story